Monday, April 20, 2009

Young at heart (other parts slightly older)!

Another year has passed and I seem to be asking myself, "How did I get to be 34???" Saturday (April 18th) was my birthday and yes, I'll admit that I'm over the hill. I woke up that morning to a fabulous breakfast made by Brandon and then a day full of fun! We went hiking in Snow Canyon with our good friends, Jason & Trisha. Then we came home for some pizza and yummy ice cream cake! Turning 30 was quite a shock for me but now....I'm in my mid-thirties!!! That's worse! Oh well at least I have a younger husband and two young children to keep me young at heart! :-)
This canyon is gorgeous (and only 20 minutes from our house)!
The kids were so excited to go hiking! It was a beautiful day!
We explored some caves and had tons of fun!
Ethan was so exhausted from all the hiking he did! ;-)
Happy Birthday to me!
I don't mind turning 34 if this is my birthday gift! Brandon bought me a new car--an Acura MDX! I'm in love (with Brandon too)! He also spoiled me with a gift certificate for a massage and a jogging watch and pedometer. Thanks, babe!
My twin brother, Ivan, and I have always done everything together. I wish we lived closer so that we could celebrate our birthday together. Here we are at our 30th birthday party. Happy Birthday, Ivan!

8 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Aileen! I didn't know you and Ivan were twins. I swear...Brad doesn't tell me anything!

I am also in love with your car. That's my dream car, although I think I am destined to be a mini-van mom. Enjoy your new car! Its beautiful!

Holly and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Aileen! I didn't know you and Ivan were twins. I swear...Brad doesn't tell me anything!

I am also in love with your car. That's my dream car, although I think I am destined to be a mini-van mom. Enjoy your new car! Its beautiful!

Trenda said...

Happy Birthday! It's ok to be 34 when you still look like a teenager! In a good way! :)

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hey, I say 30's are the new 20's. Like you said, good thing we married younger men! :) What a fun way to celebrate your birthday. And what a fun gift!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! You are so old and decrepid, it's disgusting. :) You look great!

Anne Marie said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. I wouldn't mind a gift like that either!!! Happy birthday!! (sorry it's so late. Too much going on that I've really lost some brain cells :))

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Hi Aileen,
It was nice of you to comment on our blog! (And happy birthday to you. I love your new car). I have no running advice for the Ragnar Relay because I am definitely NOT an experienced runner. But one thing I know that is super important is to pack lots of food and water so you don't have to go searching for it in unfamiliar areas. We were hungry at all different times in our van so it was nice to just reach in the back and get something when we wanted it. Also, we got a hotel room near exchange 24 which was really nice to have. You'll have a lot of fun if you're with friends. We enjoyed all of the time together and got a little silly since we were all girls.
Good luck to you!!!
-Susanna Dottl

The Dials said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aileen!!! You look great!