Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust!

Well, the first of many ER visits ended in five stitches. :-( We were swimming in our neighbor's pool and Ethan bumped his head on the edge of the pool and busted it open. He was a tough guy when it first happened and just wanted a band-aid. I knew it needed stitches so he and I headed off to the ER. He was fine until the doctor came at him with the needle. Then they draped a cloth over his face with a hole in the middle where his cut was. Then we had to pin him down. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper! He screamed the entire time, "Get your hands off me!" and "Take the cape off!" I felt awful watching him go through that. I'm sure that won't be the last visit we make to the ER but I'm not sure it gets easier.


5 comments:

Matt and Amie said...

Poor boy! What a tough kid. Those pictures are so cute. I love the tough face! :)

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

At least it's near his eyebrow so you won't see the scar too bad. Yes, the hardest part is the numbing part, that's always hard for me to watch. You're right, it doesn't get easier (speaking from experience. Lots of experience) but it does get old sitting in that dumb ER. Get well soon Ethan!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Poor little guy! That looks SO painful! Sounds like he was tough about it!! Good sport!!

MAYBERRY said...

Love the tough guy faces he is making. It is dang tough to watch your kids go through things like that, I know.

Anne Marie said...

We've been there too! Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better.