Saturday, August 21, 2010

My heart is breaking

Well, it's official. We packed up everything we own, left our beautiful home in St. George, and moved our family to Vegas. I will miss St. George terribly. My heart broke as we drove away from our home of four years. We waved goodbye as tears streamed down my face. Our first home. The home where we brought home two babies from the hospital. The only home our kids have known. The home we loved...surrounded by wonderful friends and neighbors. I'll miss everyone and everything good about St. George. We have loved living in Utah (much to my surprise). There's no place like Utah in all the world. We are so grateful to have been inspired to accept the job transfer and move there. The people there are awesome. Our friends, neighbors, and ward have been simply amazing. Amidst the craziness of our move, someone told me that life is like a train ride. You travel to different places then stop awhile and enjoy each location. Then it's time to journey to a new place where you will have new experiences. This is part of life. This is the journey. And, although I'm very sad to leave my previous destination, I'm excited for new experiences and memories in my new destination.

As we drove away from our home in St. George, I asked Brenna, "Are you a little sad that we're leaving our house?" She said, "I'm a lot of sad". My heart broke again.

We're so grateful to all our friends, neighbors, and family who helped us move. We couldn't have done it without you.

It's a weird feeling living in Vegas now. It will take time to feel like home but I'm so happy to be reunited as a family. No longer will we be separated while Brandon is gone all week at work. My mom and dad bought me a cute wall hanging that says,

No matter what
No matter where
It's always home
If love is there.

I love this saying because I told Brandon the exact same thing when we decided to move to Vegas. I told him that I would live in a dumpster as long as we're together as a family. Okay, maybe not a dumpster but I'd go anywhere he goes. It doesn't matter where we live as long as we are together. I know that Vegas is the right place for our family right now. We were inspired to move here. Four years ago we were apprehensive to move to St. George because we weren't sure we'd like it. We LOVED it!!! I know we will love Vegas.


Goodbye St. George! We will never forget you! :-(


Moving Day!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

I know the feeling. It seems like just when we get really comfortable and make a ton of friends and memories, we move! I can't wait to be in the place where I know we'll be for good. You guys are such likeable people that you will fit right in wherever you go. :)

Melissa said...

That is sad! I know when ever we leave where we are now I will feel the same way. Good luck with everything in your new place, I'm sure people will love you guys there. You are such a cute family. Mikes sister lives there so whenever we go to visit her we will for sure have to hook up!

Ang said...

I know for sure that wherever you live you will be loved. Because YOU love wherever you are. Best wishes in the journey ahead. We sure enjoyed you at our little stop along the way. ;) Love you friend!

Becky said...

I feel for you since we just did the same thing! I know where ever you go, you'll be loved because you are amazing! You better keep in touch! (Andrea has your loaf pan...I hope she got it to you!)

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

I was sad for you as we drove away after the blessing. I know you loved St. George, but I love that you are ready for a new adventure. At least you are only 3 1/2 hours away now. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

MAYBERRY said...

Dang I'm going to miss you. But let's do our best to keep in touch.

You're better than I am. I DO NOT want to move to where Ray is working. I do need to realize we are at different seasons of our lives though. To move two teenagers is a whole different ball game than moving children who are small. I hope you like it there but I'm sure going to miss you. Love ya.