Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Introducing...the newest member of our family!

We made an addition to our family and it's not what you think. I'll just set the record straight that I am NOT pregnant! We felt that our family needed a pet....and since Brenna is obsessed with dogs (she loves her grandparents only a little bit more than their dogs--not exactly but she LOVES their dogs) we went out on a limb and bought a dog. I know what you're all thinking (as if I have readers of my blog) and, yes, we ARE crazy!!! Actually, we are loving our new puppy. Introducing (drum roll please)-----BELLE!!! She is a ShihTzu and she is absolutely adorable! She is the sweetest thing ever! She is an early Christmas present. I was a little nervous (okay, I'll admit I was very nervous) about getting a dog but she is the cutest little puppy---we couldn't help falling in love with her. Brenna is in doggy heaven! She carries her around and hugs and plays with her all day. We're still in the potty-training stage but it's actually not that bad having a dog. ShihTzus are very mellow and good with kids. She hardly barks at all! Anyways, we got her a week ago but it feels like we've had her longer. We let Brenna choose her name and she wanted Belle (as in "Beauty and the Beast"). Now, I've always made fun of avid dog-lovers (the kind that bathe with their dog or push them in a stroller) so please don't let me go down that road. I do have to admit it is fun having a dog and seeing the look on Brenna's face when we picked up Belle was priceless!





















Oh, and Ethan's first word? You guessed it......"dog"!

5 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

Wow she is too cute! We got a new puppy a week ago too (golden lab) and we are having the best time too. Except potty training...Ive just about had it cleaning up poop...haha

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Alright, she's cute. If I ever see a picture of you on here with that dog in a front pack...

Hemphill Family said...

Our kids love Belle too. She's a great dog.

Hemphill Family said...

P.S. I'm glad it's you with a new puppy and not us. We'll just come over and play with her!

Anne Marie said...

Very very cute!! You're braver than I. I think we're done with dogs for a while :)!