Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Baby Turns One!

It seems impossible to me but....Ethan turned one year old on November 17th. Even though this past year has gone by too quickly, I have enjoyed every moment! Ethan is such a sweet boy. Our family wouldn't be the same without him. He is our mellow fellow! He has been the easiest baby--so content and chill. I just love him! I still remember the day (a year ago) that he entered our lives. He was due the week of Thanksgiving and we were afraid that our doctor would be out of town and unable to deliver him. Our doctor suggested an induction and I shouted "YES!!!" before he finished his sentence. I was still 10 days away from my due date but more than ready and eager to deliver. So early Saturday morning we drove to the hospital to have our baby boy. The nerves set in as I remembered that I was induced with Brenna and I knew what lay ahead (hours of intense labor on pitocin). Well, at least it would be over soon (hopefully) and I could hold my baby boy. After five hours of labor (with no epidural), our little Ethan entered this world and Brandon was at my side through it all (the best coach in the world, I might add). There are no words to describe the feelings that overcame me as the doctor placed Ethan on my chest. I've never felt closer to my Heavenly Father than when I looked into my babies' eyes for the first time. I feel so honored to be entrusted with these beautiful spirits.

Here are some fun pictures showing how Ethan has grown this year. He is such a daddy's boy! He loves tools, gadgets, and cars and he is the king of sound effects! He is already practicing his machine gun/motorcycle/race car sounds. We love our Ethan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Famália Linda !
Eu sou brasileiro, parabéns pela família.

http://madeinrubim.blogspot.com/

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan! We had so much fun at your party.