Friday, March 20, 2009

Brenna-isms


Kids say the funniest things! Brenna is no exception. We are constantly laughing at things she says or observations she makes. Recently we were driving through Las Vegas on our way to California and Brenna points to the Rio Hotel and says, "Wow! That's the biggest shirt I've ever seen!"


A different day the kids and I were driving around town doing errands and this was our conversation--
Brenna: (Looking out the window of the car) Jesus made the trees.
Mom: Yes, and he made the flowers and the sky and our bodies.
Brenna: (Pointing to a field of dried weeds) Why did he make yucky stuff like that?


On rare occasions, we get to sleep in on Saturday mornings but usually if we're not awake before Brenna then she'll come in our room and announce, “Cock-a-doodle-doodle!”

5 comments:

DeeAnne said...

So glad you are writing some of these funny things down! We quote Brenna and Ethan all the time... "Baxter, you're so cute" (Brenna) and "Nack!" (Ethan)... Oh I love these kids!!!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Those are cute little tid-bits that you have jotted down! Kids are so cute and funny!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

So funny. I think I was wearing shirts that size about 2 weeks ago.

Hemphill Family said...

We just love Brenna. She is so cute!

Michelle said...

The whole cock-a-doodle-doo thing is hilarious. But I think I might punch her in the face if she did that to me! :) I'm SO not a morning person......